CheckMATE Tutorial: Virtual Machine Setup
In order to follow the instructions of the tutorial, you have to use a virtual machine that we have already set up for you. The machine makes it easy to access a variety of different tools without requiring you to install them first. That way we can focus more on the actual physics.
To run the virtual machine, you have to do the following:
- Install VirtualBox
- Make sure you have at least 10GB of disk space ready
- Download the Virtual Disk Here. Since the file is >2GB, this might take a while.
- Unzip the file
- Run Virtual Box
- Click "New"
- Name: "CheckMATEVM", OS "Linux Ubuntu 32 bit", Memory >= 1024 MB (Important!)
- "Use existing hard disk" and select the downloaded, unzipped .vdi file
- If creation was successfull, select the machine and hit "start". After a while, you should the the virtual machine's desktop
- The password for the standard account is checkmate (which you might need if the screensaver activates)